Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sea Shell City and my Sea Dwelling Doppelganger

Cousin Joan has been with us a few days (This has been the best Holy Week ever), and after some errands we had a little time to kill.  We paid a visit to Sea Shell City, a local tourist spot.  It's been open for something like 27 years!  The friendly lady at the counter told us their shells come from world food banks and are essentially a by product.  I think that takes the three R's (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) to a whole new level, don't you?   Loads of shells, t-shirts, mugs, knick knacks, etc make up "a little something for everybody" our lovely hostess spoke about.  Their particulars are:

Sea Shell City

8771 Navarre Pkwy
Navarre, FL 32566
850-939-8210

Note: a "Sea Shell City" website comes up when you google it, but the google maps site doesn't match the Navarre shop.  Some kind of glitch in the matrix, I reckon.  After a very less than exhaustive search, it doesn't appear they have a website.

Here's a pic of their shop:





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
While at Sea Shell City, I found a perfect example of my alter ego (my prednisone self).  I think you'll see what I mean:
 
 
Peace!

1 comment: