Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Havin' a heatwave...a tropical heatwave...

It's dang hot here in the Florida panhandle. I think we got to 101 degrees today. As the ever positive cousin Joan says, "It hugs you." We did get some thunderstorms thoughwhich is always mahvelous.

I have been studying up on ways to live "off the grid". Really I just LOVE to camp and we are working toward making one of our family lots at Lake Eufaula a primo camping spot. I actually got to go camping some last summer and am gearing up to camp a lot this Fall (that is if I can land myself one of them there jobs).

Often I also dream of living a completely sustainable lifestyle. So, to feel like I'm doing SOMETHING to conserve, I purchased a sunshower from Walmart for $5.88. It holds 5 gallons. At least I can use the sun for heating my shower water. I'll let you know how it turns out. Pic is from photobucket and is similar to the model I bought:

Still having really hard times re. family in Wyoming. Please keep us in your prayers!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes the pics turn out huge, like WHOA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just tried to post and it kicked me out.

    So if you get two similar posts that is what happened.

    I am so very happy that you have returned to the realm of the sun shower.

    This packaging is not nearly as fun as your Dad's original sun shower with the fun loving 1970's couple.

    Sincerely,

    Cousin Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I normally think that it can not get hot enough for me.

    But after I was at Granny's a few days ago, and it hit 105 and climbing.

    It no longer felt "like an embrace",

    I felt violated.

    I can't believe, since I've been back in B'ham, that people are complaining about the heat.

    Sincerely,

    Cousin Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ten degrees cooler up here so I feel very fortunate and I'm going to Lake Erie for the 4th where it's almost 20 degrees cooler so I'm thrilled! Am I gloating???

    ReplyDelete