Monday, April 6, 2009

The Cathedral of the Sacred Heart


Wow, I loved the Palm Sunday mass at the cathedral in Pensacola at the 5:30 pm service. I was kind of bummed that we didn't process in, though. The building is old and cool, with its Spanish flavor. Not one for the more modern influences at a mass, I enjoyed the electric guitar, drums, etc., and I wasn't even put off by the big screen at the front with the words to the hymns projected on it. In fact, I thought it would be a great place for protestant family and friends to attend with me because so much is on the big screen - readings, Nicene Creed, etc. When I first started going to Catholic churches, I remember being sort of flummoxed as to what was going on. Any time family or friends go with me they always ask something along the lines of "what if I don't know what to do?".

Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm such a night owl. It's 1:20am, and I still have some stuff to do to my computer to get ready for my "getting operational" with my new job tomorrow. I better get crackin'. I'm feeling better about my lentin(sp?) journey, I guess. It's not that it's been particularly bothering me, really. It's just that I wanted to include more prayer in my day and wanted to start volunteering at a local homeless shelter. Maybe I can get more of that set up this week. Well, to all a good night. Let's go out with a prayer. Hmmm. Here's the Anima Christi from the EWTN website:

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ's side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints

and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen


Pic is another my Dad took in Alpine, WY

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog! Hope you really enjoy your new job. The WY pix are great

    ReplyDelete